[development] New Themes for New Drupal

Jeff Eaton jeff at viapositiva.net
Wed Aug 30 23:20:36 UTC 2006

Gildas Cotomale wrote:
> I was just asking myself if Drupal shouldn't integrate those stufs:
> <http://webfx.eae.net/dhtml/pngbehavior/pngbehavior.html> .htc for
> PNGs transparencies
> <http://www.xs4all.nl/~peterned/csshover.html> .htc for pseudo-classes
> :hover, :active, :focus
> <http://dean.edwards.name/IE7/> .js for better css support...
> So themers may concentrated on standart css without either wasting
> time with IE compatibily or reinventing the whell.. :/
I'm going to say -1 on adding IE specific .htc files and so on. The
three items you mention in particular are fixed in IE7 (or at least, are
supposed to be), and that will be pushed to IE6 users via Windows
Update. People actively using CSS selectors like that should also know
about the (relatively) straightforward workarounds for IE6. Hard-coding
them into Drupal, save where they're absolutely necessary, means less
flexibility for designers in the future as the problems are fixed.

--Jeff