[development] changes to hook_nodeapi

Jeff Eaton jeff at viapositiva.net
Thu Aug 31 16:20:16 UTC 2006

> My issue isn't that programmatic submission needed to be
> easier, but rather the API for acting on the creation, etc.
> of nodes. Just got less consistent and harder to use.

Fair enough. Someone else had just commented that programmatic
submission was hard, or complex, and made worse by the patch.

> As of this patch, hook_nodapi no longer gets called, for
> example, with $op='update".

Well... Yes. That was what the patch did. It changed the system to use
form processing hooks for CRUD interaction. It can definitely be said
that there should be an easier way to 'tie in' to those operations. A
specific helper function rather than form_alter, for example.

--Jeff