[development] changes to hook_nodeapi

Moshe Weitzman weitzman at tejasa.com
Thu Aug 31 20:10:17 UTC 2006

  > Even without this patch, any developer who *wants* to use the Forms
> API and submit hooks can.  This patch *forces* us, even when it's not
> appropriate to the data model (as mentioned in a previous post).

in 4.7 programmatic nodes cannot be validated properly. for 4.8/5.0, thats
now fixed. with 4.9/5.1, we will likely improve the data model as you are
suggesting. please participate in adrians fapi 3 discussion starting in
brussels.

this is a long road, and some things smell along the way. i agree that some
use cases are less convenient in 4.8/5.0. but at least those can be worked
around with a little learning.

ideas for simplifying fapi and making it learn easier are always welcome.