[development] possible theme?

Richard Archer drupal.org at juggernaut.com.au
Thu Aug 31 23:10:00 UTC 2006

At 12:42 PM +0200 31/8/06, Dries Buytaert wrote:

>Instead, let's talk about the aesthetics, the brand
>and the message this theme communicates.

I give it a 2 for usability:

Light grey text and light blue text on a white background
means I simply can't read this page. I would have to apply
a user style sheet I keep in reserve to force text to black
and backgrounds to white. I only apply this to sites with
ultra-compelling content... usually I go back to Google and
try another search result.

The buttons offer no feedback when rolled-over and they
don't look like buttons. This is a fatal interface flaw
which would cripple any site used by inexperienced users.

And I give it a 3 for aesthetics and branding:

There are a number of different blues used throughout
the site. This needs to be standardised.

I assume there's the option for a third column but no
blocks have been placed in it?

I guess other people with better design skills have covered
the other inconsistencies and flaws already :)

 ...R.