[development] Controlling User Disk Usage

Sammy Spets sammys-drupal at synerger.com
Mon Dec 4 10:28:29 UTC 2006

Darren Oh and Andrew Morton are absolutely correct. Thanks Darren for
pointing out that I didn't put enough information in my mail. Quota
handling must be done outside of ecommerce though depending on the use
case, you may be able to leverage some of the cool ecommerce features.

As Darren put it, the use case (a) where you want flexible quota would
be handled as a custom product rather than a role purchase. As Andrew
pointed out, the use case (b) where roles and quota amounts are 1-to-1
you can use role purchasing.

In both (a) and (b) you'll require another module to handle quotas.

At present upgrades between product levels is not developed in
ecommerce. That will be done in the next revision though it's
already designed.

I'd like to see a module that covers both use cases (a) and (b). That
would definitely give us something to jump up and down about.

Cheers,

--
Sammy Spets
Synerger Pty Ltd