[development] CVS contribtions/sandbox changes

Gordon Heydon gordon at heydon.com.au
Sat Dec 16 23:31:34 UTC 2006

Hi,

I disagree with the removal of the sandbox. I use this a lot for
pre-alpha code. and also to share custom modules that I know other
people are wanting to get and use, but I am not willing to create a new
project to yet. Generally this is because there is too much site
specific client stuff that I need to remove.

In the past I have also commit other modules like the image module where
I have made a lot of changes and these were then taken later by other
people and incorporated back into the main module.

Laterly I have been using my sandbox as a place to share the new invoice
module for E-Commerce. I have been able to run this module in a lot of
different places, and not have to fully support it. It is not in the
HEAD of ecommerce and I was able to shake out a lot of the bugs because
of the sandbox.

Other uses that I and other people s to share modules that I have
written. But as yet, I do not want to do a full release.

I agree that the sandbox needs to only contain Drupal related content,
but I do feel that it is a great place to share very early code which is
not ready to become a full project with all the other stuff that follows
that.

Please don't remove the sandboxes as I find them an valuable resource in
developing new code for Drupal.

Gordon.