[development] CVS contribtions/sandbox changes

adrian rossouw adrian at bryght.com
Sun Dec 17 10:43:30 UTC 2006

On 17 Dec 2006, at 5:57 AM, Steven Wittens wrote:

> As far development of modules that is still in progress, IMO the
> recent contrib branching improvements solve a lot of that. You can
> now work on alpha-features while maintaining a stable working version.

you need a project before you can create directories in the normal cvs.
and most of the things in sandboxes will never have projects created
for them.

and there's a lot of useful stuff in sandboxes, for the right people.
Sandboxes are a way for developers to share code, and not meant for
end users.

Additionally, working on large core patches in sandboxes are not
really ideal either.
I've found it best to have an actual complete drupal core checked into
a revisioning system, with multiple people having write access to it,
to work on big core
patches.

Something which the sandboxes are not well suited to, and separate
repositories are better for.