[development] Confused: package value of info files

Chad Phillips -- Apartment Lines chad at apartmentlines.com
Thu Dec 21 15:53:42 UTC 2006

i, too, was puzzled by this, and ended up concluding that the "$Name
$" trick didn't work.  further discussions on IRC and some playing
around revealed that, at least in my case, it only worked after i had
both committed that to the .info file, then pulled a completely fresh
checkout of the module (checkout, not update!).

i think the deal is that CVS name expansion doesn't work for
updates?  perhaps Derek will grace us with the actual mechanics...  :)

it might be a good idea to get something in the official doc about
how the name expansion works exactly, because it's certainly not self-
evident.  :)

chad