[development] Story vs Page - Again

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Dec 22 03:54:28 UTC 2006

One of the things that has bugged the snot out of me is this story and
page module.  Not seeing a difference I went looking for what it the
difference might be.  Then I find a post by Steven Peck
http://lists.drupal.org/archives/documentation/2006-08/msg00063.html
that say basicly nothing.  Certainly that is what appears to be.  What
is worse is they are both turned on and both can be deleted from the
content types.  I think that now page should be on by default and not
allowed to be deleted; it becomes the require content type.  I think
that story should be removed from core and maintained as a contributed
module as an example of how node modules can be created.  I think doing
these will help remove confusion from the beginning Dural experience.

Earnie