[development] Story vs Page - Again

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Fri Dec 22 05:57:37 UTC 2006

On 12/21/06, Rob Barreca <rob at electronicinsight.com> wrote:

> On the flexibility angle, I'm going to propose a patch with two/three changes:
>  * page not promoted by default
>  * page with comments off by default
>  * (don't know if we can easily do this) page with "submitted by" turned off by default Nice. That would justify the inclusion a bit more for me and I ALWAYS turn off promotion and comments for page

 I don't have an issue open for this yet...I think default.profile is
probably also the right place for this.

Define page and story in default.profile: http://drupal.org/node/104763

Remove required modules from default.profile: http://drupal.org/node/104764

>  You have your install profiles somewhere I could check out?

 Just one. Will be noodling around here:
https://svn.bryght.com/dev/wiki/CorporateSiteInstallProfile

> I found out that in profilename_install() you don't have access to a full bootstrap so I needed to do a drupal_goto('mymodulecallback'); in profilename_install() that would do additional setup by way of an installed auxiliary setup module. Is this what you're doing or am I missing something?

I *just* started diving into this. And I only play a developer on this list :P

I think we need to be able to use more of the API rather than having
to do direct DB inserts. So...some sort of method of bootstrapping if
needed? My overriding of story in myprofile.profile hasn't worked yet
using _node_type_set_defaults and  node_type_save, so that might be
the reason.

--
Boris Mann
Vancouver 778-896-2747