[development] 4.7.5 release

Scott McLewin drupal at mclewin.com
Fri Dec 22 16:58:18 UTC 2006

Gerhard,

I'm new to this particular task, so please forgive as I take a few
missteps on how to report problems.  Through my own challenges I'm also
locked out of my d.o user account right now*.  I've worked over the
issue queue and only this issue appears to be related to the bug I found
in 4.7.5: http://drupal.org/node/104693

I just brought down the 4.7.5 through cvs up onto my site,
www.folkjam.org.  I make heavy use of Google geocoding on the site and
it broke.  From what I can tell I am getting a timeout when attempting
to use drupal_http_request to maps.google.com.  I reverted just
common.inc to the version I was running and our Google geocode requests
began to work again.

Within common.inc:drupal_http_request() this is the change that causes
the problem:

  $request = $method .' '. $path ." HTTP/1.1\r\n";
is new

  $request = $method .' '. $path ." HTTP/1.0\r\n";
is what it was.

Using HTTP1.1 my request fails (it looks to time out) and returns an
empty result.  Using HTTP 1.0 my request works.

Sorry for using this forum to report the problem.  I'll get myself back
into d.o as soon as I learn how to configure mod_security correctly.
I'm picking security over being able to get into d.o right now.

Scott

* A recent hosting provider move to dedicated hosting has a new
mod_security setup that blocks d.o authentication against my personal
site for federated login with error 406.  I'm new to mod_security
configuration.  I've worked out how to tell mod_security to perform no
security checks on /xmlrpc.php, but I have not yet worked out how to
tell it to perform no checks for 140.211.166.46 (d.o) but check for
everybody else.  I'm not willing to leave it open, so I'm locked out of
d.o until I fix this.  Which I'll get to.  If there is anybody out there
expert enough on mod_security to help, please contact me off-list.