[development] has this been discussed here?

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Dec 26 15:38:34 UTC 2006

Quoting Eric Goldhagen <eric at openflows.org>:

> http://drupal.org/node/87145
>
> I seem to have missed any discussion of this issue.
>
> I feel very strongly that a bad decision is being made based on bad
> reasoning. In my opinion the break tag is not broken and changing it
> is not helpful or wise.
>
> also, I think that the hostility shown in this follow-up thread
> http://drupal.org/node/105278  exposes some things about the
> direction the drupal community is heading that I find worrisome (and
> that I will write more about later, when I have the time)
>
> What is the value to the community of stepping on people that try to
> participate?; what is lost when people are pushed away by hostility
> and threats to delete comments and negate their valid and rationally
> expressed concerns?

Thanks for bringing this to attention Eric; I am not up on all of the
previous discussion on this issue.  In my opinion, be it considered
humble or not so humble, support for <!--break--> should never be
removed.  1) I've gotten used to it and it is natural.  2) I would have
to update my previous entered data.

Promoting [break] as a new means to using <!--break--> would be OK but
not necessary and <break> should never be allowed as it breaks in too
many semantic areas.

-1 for this change.

Earnie