[development] Subscriptions module for Drupal.org (was Re: You know what would be really cool for d.o?)

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Wed Dec 27 15:27:10 UTC 2006

On 12/27/06, Johan Forngren <johan at forngren.com> wrote:

> On 12/27/06, Earnie Boyd <earnie at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> > I know this really should be a feature request but I'm not sure which
> > issue tracker to put it in.  If someone could point I'll be happy to.
> >
> > 1) I would like to see a Subscribe button on a particular issue so that
> > I can easily subscribe to an issue.

This is a long requested feature in much more general terms -- i.e.
subscribing to forum threads, etc. Generally, notification via email /
RSS is desired.

The meta issue is that we need someone to write a robust, lightweight,
highly scaleable subscription framework capable of handling the volume
on Drupal.org. There is the existing subscriptions module
(http://drupal.org/project/subscriptions) that doesn't quite meet all
of those needs yet.

-- Boris