[development] Even more flexibility in content management

Jeremy Epstein jazepstein at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 22:43:10 UTC 2006

Hi Zohar,

If you need need permissions that are more fine-grained than the ones
available on the 'administer access control' page, your best bet would
be to explore the node access system. Modules can implement the node
access system in various ways, e.g. restrict access according to nodes
according to taxonomy classification (taxonomy_access), or according
to user groups (og).

I'm not sure if there's a node access module in contrib to restrict
access according to node type, but if there isn't, it shouldn't be too
hard to develop. This would probably be the best approach to
implementing more fine-grained access according to node type.

Cheers,
Jaza.