[development] Connecting to multiple databases in 5.x

Chris Kennedy chrisken at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Dec 29 18:29:54 UTC 2006

Settings.php is made read-only on install if possible (using
drupal_verify_install_file). See http://drupal.org/node/105368 which
adds a status message to clarify this (and needs a review). Or maybe it
would be better to have the read-only change be a checkbox on the
install page that is enabled by default but can be disabled.

Also keep in mind that Drupal gives incorrect error messages in some
cases when settings.php is unreadable or doesn't exist. This might make
you think your database settings are wrong, when it is really a
permissions issue. http://drupal.org/node/100476 fixes some of these
cases (and needs a review).

So, theoretically http://drupal.org/node/18429 should still work.