[development] Captcha module and Firefox (was: Possible DDoS attack on Drupal user creation)

Syscrusher syscrusher at 4th.com
Wed Feb 8 20:05:14 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 08 February 2006 11:11, Syscrusher wrote:
> 2. I wanted to see if anyone has a suggestion of a module -- including one that
>    I might create -- that could block bogus user account requests like this
>    but not legitimate ones. Will the "Captcha" module do what I need?

Captcha does accomplish the 'bot blocking.

I also think I found a bug in Firefox that prevents Captcha from working right,
and will report this on Captcha's forum.

The interesting tidbit in all this is that I had to back-port Captcha to Drupal
4.4 to make it work with my site. Guess it's time I updated Drupal on that
site.

Scott