[development] Form field maxlengths vs. database field sizes

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Thu Feb 9 11:53:51 UTC 2006

Op donderdag 09 februari 2006 10:01, schreef Steven Wittens:
> Once we phase out MySQL 4.0 we can safely make them all match the
> database sizes.

Ruby on Rails's ActiveRecord does this database->form mapping amazingly well.
We should take some of their concepts into Drupal, and I therefor encourage
everyone to do a 20 minute quickstart in RoR development. Just to get the
feeling of how Drupal /could be/ in this database mapping smartness!
  http://ar.rubyonrails.com/docs #tutorials
Bèr