[development] Bike Shed: Developing for Drupal

Rowan Kerr rowan at stasis.org
Mon Feb 13 01:11:41 UTC 2006

On 10-Feb-06, at 1:01 AM, Arnab Nandi wrote:
>> From a discussion about NLD10 and xgl. I thought it was very relevant
> to the drupal devel crowd:
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2006-February/
> msg00115.html

There are definitely some interesting points in there. And we can see
the same dynamics at work already in Drupal to some extent.

Funny, in a way, that the article relates to the Gnome project.. Trae
and I had a bit of a discussion of Drupal and Gnomeish ways such as
putting a lot of thought into picking "sane defaults" that will work
well for many people. That way of thinking could be one of the things
that moves Drupal up Dries' Y-axis of "easy to use" (from his roadmap
presentation in Vancouver).

Good thing it's so easy to make modules for Drupal to build new
functionality without any fork-mongering :)

-Rowan