[development] Re: Update pathauto to Drupal 4.7

Khalid B kb at 2bits.com
Thu Feb 16 16:36:17 UTC 2006

On 2/16/06, Moshe Weitzman <weitzman at tejasa.com> wrote:
> > I'm planning to work on the pathauto-module next monday, so if anyone
> > has idea's. plans or other big things in mind for the pathauto.module,
> > don't hesitate to contact me..
>
> So many people love this module, that I think it merits consideration
> for core. I suggest that you ask around the dev team for what features
> they want in a "pathauto for core." in the end, i hope that you will
> move part of your module into path.module and part will remain in
> Contrib. I haven't used the module yet on a real site, so I can't be of
> much use.

Good points Moshe.

This module is crucial for Drupal, in conjuction with path.module. I use it
for all my sites.

I offered to be the maintainer of the module if no one else steps up for it
before.

So kudos for Stefan for picking it up, and let us not forget Mike Ryan, the
original author. Thanks to both of you.