[development] profiles as nodes

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Sat Feb 18 12:51:12 UTC 2006

Op zaterdag 18 februari 2006 13:36, schreef Moshe Weitzman:
> Now that CCK is in decent shape, I'd be pleased if someone experimented
> with the profiles as nodes design and eventually submits a patch for 4.8

I have no immediate need myself, so this is rather far down on my todolist.
My plan, however, was to start of with a cck_profiles.module. That, IMO is a
far better and quicker route (e.g. it can be ready for 4.7) then patches for
core. It also allows us to finetune its behaviour before we push it in core.

Eventually we will want them in core, but that
a) will not make it into 4.7
b) will cause a lot of political debates
c) is a rather big patch
Those are all the non-technical issues I foresee with a core patch.

Bèr