[development] "I'm disappointed by the freeze"

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 11:27:43 UTC 2006

>> Ber, you can stop sprinkling "I'm disappointed by the freeze"-
>> messages all over drupal.org.  There is no need to attach them to
>> each issue you update.  Let's use the issues for technical
>> discussions rather than for spreading FUD.  Thanks.  We can continue
>> to discuss this in a central place (this mailing list, this thread)
>> if you wish.
>
> Two people reopened that specific thread with a question whether or
> not we
> should press that specific issue into 4.7 I reacted to that, with a
> message
> about "we were in a feature freeze, that is why this particular
> (rather
> important issue) is on halt. However, if there are still a lot of
> features
> are still going in, then why not this one?"

No, you're creating FUD.

The past 3 weeks there have been significantly less patches.  Is that
because I committed new features?  I don't think so.  Yes,
occasionally a critical feature slipped in, but overall the stability
of Drupal HEAD has been improving on a daily basis.  Feel free to
proof me wrong, but I don't think I committed sweeping changes that
didn't need committing.

Everyone knows we're in a feature freeze and that new features have
little or no chance of being committed.  In another issue (http://
drupal.org/node/18018#comment-74279) you used false facts to push
your political message through people's throat.  Tell me, what is
wrong with people working on new features during the code freeze?
These kind of issue follow-ups are counter-productive and serve no
purpose other than to create FUD.

If you think you can do a better job, you're welcome to take over and
coordinate the Drupal 4.7.0 release process.