[development] no 4-7-0 branch for core yet?

Dries Buytaert dries at buytaert.net
Mon Feb 20 15:14:02 UTC 2006

> The changes are huge under the hood, and porting modules to forms API
> is non trivial.
>
> Would it be better to call it 5.0?

While 4.7 has many changes, most of the changes are not visible to
the user.  In many ways 4.7.0 will be a "developer release".  I'd
prefer to reserve 5.0.0 for a "user release" that comes with more
visual changes (eg. a new base theme and/or a new administration
structure and/or CCK and/or workflows).

Plus, we've been calling this 4.7.0 for 8 months or so.  I'm worried
that calling this 5.0.0 is going to confuse the heck out of people.
It is going to render documentation/podcasts/videocasts outdated for
sure.

My 2 cents,