[development] no 4-7-0 branch for core yet?

Khalid B kb at 2bits.com
Mon Feb 20 16:11:47 UTC 2006

Too disruptive and resource intensive.

People have sites to upgrade, modules to update, ...etc.
If there is too much to do every 3 months, it will become a burden on
everyone.

Also, core developers have to put in time for making it happen, people
have to test it, and Dries will go mad in no time.

There is a reason Ubuntu timed it at 2 per year. Even once every 8 months
is good, since it is more predictable.