[development] no 4-7-0 branch for core yet?

Robert Douglass rob at robshouse.net
Mon Feb 20 16:40:31 UTC 2006

Boerland, Bert wrote:

> however, before switching to this development model (only one can decide) everybody needs to understand the impact of it. before people start to complain, best to read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DSDM#Prerequisites_for_using_DSDM

from the linked article:
"The second important prerequisite for DSDM projects is the
decomposability of the project. The possibility of decomposition into
smaller parts enables the iterative and incremental properties of DSDM.
It is even possible to create several smaller projects working according
to DSDM principles."

I think that the working groups site (focused around DEPs) that was
proposed in Vancouver will help with this quality. If there is a working
group centered around a feature, subsystem, or usability issue, the time
boxed release schedule can be a guiding force for the group's
development cycle too.

-Robert