[development] no 4-7-0 branch for core yet?

Jeremy Epstein jazepstein at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 23:31:09 UTC 2006

On 2/21/06, Syscrusher <syscrusher at 4th.com> wrote:
> Silly question -- is it too late to include an updated "xtemplate" with
> 4.7 Drupal core, but make it VERY CLEAR (such as in the Admin...Themes
> dialog screen) that xtemplate is deprecated and will go away *next*
> release?

XTemplate is removed from 4.7 core, but that doesn't mean that someone
can't commit it to contrib, and maintain it for the next 10 releases.
I don't see XTemplate in contrib yet, but all it will take is one
developer who won't / can't upgrade his XTtemplate themes (don't look
at me!), and it will be there for 4.7. When that happens, site admins
will be able to run their old XTemplate themes just fine in 4.7.

Jaza.