[development] MySQL performance tuning snippet

Kieran Lal kieran at civicspacelabs.org
Wed Feb 22 04:47:22 UTC 2006

Hi, we are looking for some feedback on developing more performance
tuning snippets.

Please try this out: http://drupal.org/node/50291

This should work in a MySQL 4.0 and 4.1 environment.  I got a chance
to spend some time with Brian Aker, the head of architecture for
MySQL, again today.  He suggested we use InnoDB for large sites and
that we investigate using Archive table types which are designed
specifically for tables like accesslog in Drupal.  Apparently they
had some significant performance improvements at Yahoo, LiveJournal,
and Slashdot.

Cheers,
Kieran