[development] Module Builder Module 1.0

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Wed Feb 22 15:59:11 UTC 2006

Op woensdag 22 februari 2006 05:40, schreef Larry Garfield:
> So yeah, code generation in general gets a -1 for me in favor of more
> powerful and generalized polymorphic code.

What about them co-existing?

Look at Ruby on Rails. Part of its success is the code generation (aka agile
web development) the other part is DRY (do not repeat yourself). The way you
state it, RoR could not exist :)

We can generate code that is used as *scaffold*, used to have certain files
made, directories set, data inserted, and yes, some default functions
prefilled.

we can do that, on top of less repetition in our modules (oh, how i would love
to see any node type get "view %type", "create %type" permissions by
default). I see your point in this repetition thing, but its a separate issue
from code generation.

Bèr

--
| Bèr Kessels | webschuur.com | website development |
| http://bler.webschuur.com | http://www.webschuur.com |