[development] 4.8/5.0: Modules, the install system, and directories

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Wed Feb 22 18:37:56 UTC 2006

> Could certain strings read from the .ini file be designated as passed
> to t() and hence translatable using the same mechanism we have today?
> (Although not ideal, that works as it is today).

I was thinking that, but it just seems to be sorta evil -
we'd have to do eval'ing and so forth. Consider:

  [help]
  admin/monkey = "welcome to %sitename!"

  [tvars]
  sitename = variable_get('sitename', 'Drupal')

This, of course, is only an example, but consider the same problem with
url() and the like. Plus, sometimes, there's just degrees of logic
applied to the help strings to get them to function properly. Consider
the following from book.module's help:

   if (arg(0) == 'node' && is_numeric(arg(1)) && arg(2) == 'outline') {
     return t('...');
   }

I can find more examples, certainly, if I kept looking,
but this was the first in alphabetical order.

--
Morbus Iff ( you are nothing without your robot car, NOTHING! )
O'Reilly Author, Weblog, Cook: http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/779