[development] find the absolute order of hooks and modules?

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Wed Feb 22 18:42:28 UTC 2006

Op woensdag 22 februari 2006 18:01, schreef Moshe Weitzman:
> in HEAD Drupal, this order can be customized via the system table. see
> the weight column. module_list() uses that ordering for its hook
> invocations.

All versions previous to HEAD, indeed, use alphabetic ordering. Hence the fact
some modules are called zz_foobar.module.
It is safe to assume a single hook in <= 4.6 is thus called in alphabetic
order.
The order of the specific hooks (_init, _load etc) are, however, hardcoded and
are poorly documented, exept on some external site. I do not recall the URL,
nor does google :(

Bèr

--
[ End user Drupal services and hosting | Sympal.nl ]