[development] What would be more useful for install/etc

Khalid B kb at 2bits.com
Thu Feb 23 02:07:14 UTC 2006

> On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 08:01:19PM -0500, Khalid B wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 10:40:37AM -0800, Neil Drumm wrote:
> > > It didn't happen in 4.6 so we can go without it for 4.7. Its not really
> > > a huge issue until you get into shared tables, where the same table
> > > would be updated twice by two sites.
> >
> > The main reason I do not use this nifty feature, and also recommend
> > against it for others: No way to have a clean upgrade for a table shared
> > across Drupal sites.
>
> So are y'all saying that the upgrade process doesn't work for multisite
> Drupal installs that share tables?

I did not try it, but I can't think of how it would work. The first site would
update the tables, then what is the second site supposed to do? Ideally
it should skip the update of already updated, but ...

Many people are running it that way. Don't know if anyone tried upgrading
so they can give feedback on that.