[development] 4.8/5.0: Modules, the install system, and directories

Adrian Rossouw adrian at bryght.com
Thu Feb 23 14:48:23 UTC 2006

On 23 Feb 2006, at 3:06 PM, Morbus Iff wrote:

>    * misc/drupal.css can get split up into module directories
>      so that module-specific CSS (such as aggregator and forums)
>      doesn't get downloaded even if the module isn't enabled.
>      Also, I think it'll make for cleaner CSS in the long run.

One of the things that came from the theme system discussion at
DrupalCon was that
we need to implement namespacing in drupal.

So that all css classes / id's created by drupal get prefixed by the
name of the module they
are generated by. Now we almost do something like this already, but I
also think
that anything that is in drupal.css should be prefixed by drupal-* ,
and all the modules should be
module-*.

This means that if you see a class in your markup (that hasn't been
generated by the theme), you can
immediately see which file the css is defined in, and which file you
need to override.

--
Adrian Rossouw
Drupal developer and Bryght Guy