[development] google just pwned the brochureware site industry

Jeff Eaton jeff at viapositiva.net
Thu Feb 23 17:00:29 UTC 2006

This is a potential problem for places like Bryght, but I don't see
Google really competing with mambo/joomla/xoops/drupal/phpnuke.

I'm willing to bet that a Google CMS will be much better than a Drupal
configuration that duplicates its precise functionality. Whether Google
CMS will be able to adapt itself to match all the possible
configurations of Drupal is a separate question entirely. What are the
chances that this hypothetical google CMS will allow third-party
plugins/modules to be run on the google servers? Slim to none, I'm
betting.

--Jeff