[development] 4.8/5.0: Modules, the install system, and directories

Chris Cook beerfan at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 05:52:23 UTC 2006

On 2/23/06, Morbus Iff <morbus at disobey.com> wrote:
> For what it's worth, I'm deathly against PHP generated CSS. I'd much
> rather have a gigantic misc/drupal.css than a css.php thing.

I agree. For all the benefits it might seem to have, generating CSS
would cause more problems than it's worth. You have to kiss caching
goodbye and say hello to unnecessary overhead.

I'd be ok with splitting off the module specific bits of drupal.css
into modules/foo/foo.css but it seems like most people's gripe with
CSS is not about it's size but that they just can't figure out how to
override selectors in their theme. If more CSS advocacy is what's
needed, then so be it.