[development] google just pwned the brochureware site industry

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 08:36:41 UTC 2006

> As more people use Drupal (bryght, consultants, other companies) as a
> part of their business, the Product has a responsibility to ensure
> that changes do not completely screw those people over. Livelihoods
> are starting to depend on Drupal. There is some social responsibility
> in the project now.

They reason we got this far is exactly because we've been
disruptive.  Our primary focus is technology, not supporting
businesses.   We are respsonible for the technology we create and the
bugs we introduce, but we can't be held responsible for keeping your
customers happy.   If you sell Drupal to customers who can't deal
with Drupal being disruptive from time to time, then you sold them
the wrong solution or you didn't educate them properly.  You can't
blame us for that.  If customers know what to expect, and if they
plan accordingly, they won't be 'completely screwed'.  That said, we
do care about your customers, but it is not our primary focus.  It's
yours.