[development] 4.8/5.0: Modules, namespaces. CSS

Adrian Simmons adrinux at perlucida.com
Fri Feb 24 22:57:00 UTC 2006

Darrel O'Pry wrote:
> but finding the file in which it is defined can be difficult, and for a
> developer communicating with a designer who isn't drupal-saavy, verbose
> class names can ease the designer developer communication.
It must just be me that can hear so many designers and theme developers
cursing and screaming because they have such a hard time overriding existing
CSS.

The reason they have such a hard time doing that is because so much of both
drupal.css and module specific css use highly specific selectors instead of
using the css cascade intelligently and efficiently. This multi-class/ID on
every element encourages lazy css writing.

But we went over all this months ago, so I'll shut up now and try and
provide themes/patches that prove the point instead of ranting here :)

--
Adrian Simmons (aka adrinux) <http://adrinux.perlucida.com>
e-mail <mailto:adrinux at perlucida.com>