[development] multisite shared table upgrade enhancements (was what would be more useful)

Adrian Rossouw adrian at bryght.com
Sat Feb 25 03:56:32 UTC 2006

On 24 Feb 2006, at 9:42 PM, Khalid B wrote:

>> the only solution that is even somewhat workable in my small brain
>> is to
>> warn the user and then upgrade all the sites at once. i think
>> thats the
>> deal with multi-site. you need to do separate sites if you want
>> them to
>> be on different versions. if you can think of more flexible
>> solutions,
>> thats great.
>
> We have to tell the user that this will happen and let them press
> a button to proceed.
>
> By the way, what does Bryght think? They are one of the few multisite
> hosters our there ...
We have automated the entire process and don't have any user
interaction for upgrades.

We have multiple versions running at the same time, and updating a
site means
changing it's virtual host config to point to the right version,
doing apachectl graceful
and running install.php, which does all the updates it can find.

a lot of this is scripted, and has no place in drupal itself.

--
Adrian Rossouw
Drupal developer and Bryght Guy