[development] multisite shared table upgrade enhancements (was what would be more useful)

Daniel Convissor danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Sun Feb 26 02:32:12 UTC 2006

On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 02:18:46PM -0500, Moshe Weitzman wrote:

> the only solution that is even somewhat workable in my small brain is to
> warn the user and then upgrade all the sites at once

Here are my thoughts at this moment:

* Gather the $db_prefix settings from sites/*/settings.php (as previously
mentioned).

* Add a function to update.php called something like update_db_query()
that replaces db_query() for the update process.  This function does the
table name prefixing then stores an MD5 hash of the prefixed SQL.  Save
that hash in an array via variable_set().  Before executing a query, check
if the hash exists yet or not.  If it exists, move on, otherwise, run the
query.

Sound reasonable?  Other ideas?

--Dan

                http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/