[development] Drupal and i18n, the holy grail?

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Sun Feb 26 19:49:15 UTC 2006

Op zondag 26 februari 2006 18:18, schreef Jose A. Reyero:
> I think you got my intentions wrong because I agree with this 'no holy
> grail' idea from the beginning.
> And that's why the i18n.module is nothing more than a buch of options
> you can use -or not- to have whatever idea of multilingual site you want.

> All I'd like to have in core is some basic support for handling
> 'multilingual objects'.
> But a simple default for a multilingual site wouln't be bad either.

Yes, I know you prefer this layered system too , because we discussed this a
lot :). My proposal contains a lot of your idea, youmight see.

And about Core? My plan requires some changes in core. And I expect, if they
are done right, that core will have even less code for multilinguality, but
more abilities to develop and deploy a multilingual site.

Bèr
ps: site is back, the main contoller servers at lycos crashed (again). Did I
already tell you people to never ever use lycos? No? Never ever use lycos :-)
 PGP ber at webschuur.com
  http://www.webschuur.com/sites/webschuur.com/files/ber_webschuur.asc
 PGP berkessels at gmx.net
  http://www.webschuur.com/sites/webschuur.com/files/ber_gmx.asc

Gebruik geen CVS, tenzij je zeker van je zaak bent:
 http://help.sympal.nl/gebruik_geen_cvs_tenzij_je_zeker_van_je_zaak_bent