[development] multisite shared table upgrade enhancements (was what would be more useful)

Daniel Convissor danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Mon Feb 27 00:43:15 UTC 2006

Hi:

I'm looking at /database/updates.inc and see two glaring issues:

1) Some db_type checks only look for 'mysql' not 'mysqli.'  I'll submit a
patch.

2) Droping columns isn't being done for pgsql because it didn't support
doing so prior to 7.4.  I'd like to add a database version check inside
update.inc.  I'm planning on adding the version discovery solely to
/update.php.  But I'm wondering if the core folks think would find it
useful (and worth the cost) to add it for all connections via
/includes/database.*.inc?

Thanks,

--Dan

                http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/