[development] multisite shared table upgrade enhancements (was what would be more useful)

Daniel Convissor danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Mon Feb 27 03:13:19 UTC 2006

On Sun, Feb 26, 2006 at 08:06:10PM -0500, Daniel Convissor wrote:

> Oh, and the create table statements don't specify the character set.  I'll
> add that in the patch.

Hmm... I now see that update 169 changes the character set on the tables.
But the process checks for the database's default character set before
running.  If the default character set is already UTF-8, it doesn't run.
This check was put in the initial commit, 1.186, by unconed.

I feel that may be a mistaken attempt at being efficient.  Just because a
database's default character set is UTF-8 doesn't mean the necessary
tables have that default and that the columns in said tables are that
character set.  It seems the process should run no matter what.

Thoughts?

--Dan

                http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/