[development] Re: development Digest, Vol 38, Issue 83

Rob Thorne rob at torenware.com
Mon Feb 27 09:03:05 UTC 2006

Chad,

As it turns out, bazaar-vcs.org is a bit out of date, but the folks at
#bzr were indeed very helpful.

It turns out to be very easy to do what I wanted.  It works like this
with bzr 0.7, for anyone else who wants to try this out:

Say I'm trying to import a local directory, myprojects/,  into bzr.  It
works something like this, if my projects are in the current directory:

    bzr init myprojects
    cd myprojects
    bzr add .
    bzr commit -m 'I just added myprojects to bzr'

Once that's done, the branch exists, and I can branch it off to wherever
my web server wants me to put my files.

The conceptual problem for me was there isn't a repository path like cvs
or svn has on init, since, well, there's no repository.  The working
directory *is* the repository.  Weird for somebody like me that grew up
on CVS.

Thanks for you help; I'm going to try using this for a while, and see
how it works for me.

Rob