[development] file handling, open_basedir for 4.7?

Darrel O'Pry dopry at thing.net
Mon Feb 27 17:09:35 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-02-25 at 10:56 +0100, Gabor Hojtsy wrote:
> Darrel O'Pry wrote:
> > I've made some more headway, but ran into one of those collateral
> > issues....
> >
> > php has its own garbage collection for upload_tmp_dir....
> > Since my solution requires moving a file out of php's upload_tmp_dir to
> > Drupal's tmp dir, functions that quit or don't complete leave a hanging
> > file in drupal's tmp dir...
> >
> > Is system_cron a good place for this garbage collection?
>
> IMHO functions which can detect malfunctions should remove the uploaded
> files (ie. my patch included a file remove action for the locale upload,
> since the file is not needed after the import is done). Unexpected halts
> will leave files there, for sure... Hm...
>
> Goba

I've got normal operation working at this point... I'll review your
patch, and try to implement the explicit garbage collection... I still
feel a need for a regular garbage day though... I  assume  there are web
server and OS level errors I cannot catch from inside of php that may
halt the execution of drupal, and leave files hanging in the temp dir.