[development] Re: enterprise needs

Darrel O'Pry dopry at thing.net
Mon Feb 27 17:36:03 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 11:49 -0500, Moshe Weitzman wrote:
> > 2) query result caching
>
> modules are welcome to use the cache_set/cache_get API for this.
> forum.module used to o this, but it was removed when node_access went
> in. this really makes sense only for expensive queries that aren't
> personalized and i can't think of any of those in core right now.

I'm just thinking per run. I thought db_query already did that... But
looking at the code in head it doesn't...

I would at the least like to see some form of transaction support, and
support for master/slave database clustering and replication.

I should probably stand down from this discussion as won't be
implementing anything related to the db abstraction until the file
handling is is somewhat better than palatable.