[development] Re: enterprise needs

Darrel O'Pry dopry at thing.net
Mon Feb 27 17:51:00 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 09:42 -0800, Kieran Lal wrote:
> On Feb 26, 2006, at 4:34 PM, Benson Wong wrote:
> >
> > I think I blabbed about this at OSCMS in Vancouver, at Drupal for the
> > Enterprise discussion. My philosophy go for the lowest hanging fruit,
> > and work your way up the tree. You can probably quadrupal Drupal's
> > pages per second in under a half hour.
>
> Benson could you review this Drupal performance tuning page and
> provide me with feedback.
>
> http://drupal.org/node/2601
>
> Cheers,
> Kieran

On the mysql page(http://drupal.org/node/51263) I'd drop the pconnect,
especially now that locks are being used in some places. I'd also advise
people to increase their mysql's max clients appropriately if they are
going to use pconnect...

Suggested reading...
http://www.php.net/manual/en/features.persistent-connections.php

This all amounts to: