[development] Tax in the ecommerce module

Gordon Heydon gordon at heydon.com.au
Mon Feb 27 21:34:31 UTC 2006

Hi,

On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 11:51 -0700, stuff at trackingsolutions.ca wrote:
> It is development if I see code like:
>
> 'item_name'      => $item_name,
> 'item_number'    => $txnid,
> 'amount'         => $txn->subtotal,
> 'shipping'       => $txn->shipping_cost,
> 'no_shipping'    => 1,
> 'return'         => $return_url,
> 'cancel'         => $cancel_url,
> 'currency_code'  => variable_get('paypal_currency_code', 'USD')
>
> Should there not be an entry like:
>
> 'tax'		=>$txn->tax,

This does not exist in 4.6, and is not going to exist in 4.7. The
problem is that tax just changes gross, so it really can't be tracked.

what is going to happen in 4.7 is there is going to be an area for
miscellaneous transactions so that any kind or additional transaction
can be tracked.

This will help with the problem of passing tax to paypal.

> Or should I go and ask this in support where people that have read the manual
> can answer me?
>
> Is this not a developer question?

This is not the area to be asking specific E-Commerce questions.

> Will I get one straight answer here? Or just deferals? Why do most of my
> questions get pushed by some quick answer?

The best place is most likely in the E-Commerce project. There are a lot
of people who are following development and helping other people.

Gordon.