[development] CVS accounts

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 16:22:15 UTC 2006

On 05 Jan 2006, at 16:49, Tim Altman wrote:
>>> Is there a list somewhere of the top Drupal.org issues and feature
>>> requests?
>>>

>> Like this
>> Page: http://drupal.org/project/issues/?
>> projects=3202&categories=bug,task,feature,support&states=1,8,13,14,2
>
> That's a list of issues in the Drupal.org category.  It does not
> list the top issues with Drupal.org that Dries would like to see
> fixed, which is what I was after.

1. http://drupal.org/node/35814

In addition (more technical issues):

2. Update the project module to work with the comment.module (rather
than having its own comment implementation).  This will make it
easier to maintain and will make it easier to roll out new
functionality in future (eg. site-wide subscriptions)

3. Work on the mail backend and build a good, all-around subscription
functionality that we can use on drupal.org (and that we can include
in core as part of tracker.module?).  Update project.module and
simplenews.module to use the mail backend.

4. Performance improvements: (i) project issue pages, (ii) the forum
overview page (?q=forum), and (iii) the CVS log page (?q=cvs) are
really slow.   (ii) is likely to be a problem for sites with many
forum (topics).

5. Make sure that the cvs.module can import the current repositories
so we can fix the database inconsistencies that crept into the
cvs.module's SQL tables.

6. Improve the code-style checker (and thus the code reports).  Many
security problems in contributed modules go unnoticed.

7. Test the project.module and the simplenews.module and their
upgrade path so we can upgrade drupal.org.  Create a Drupal HEAD
module for http://drupal.org/mailing-lists.