[development] Re: [feature] Patch to allow comments without subjects to display on admin comment list

Karoly Negyesi karoly at negyesi.net
Sun Jan 8 11:13:19 UTC 2006

> but then this validation functions in HEAD are used the false way too:
>
> * contact_mail_page_validate() [1]
> * user_pass_validate [2] - who is using this? and why does it have no
> arguments?
>
> cu tobi
> [1] http://drupaldocs.org/api/head/function/contact_mail_page_validate
> [2] http://drupaldocs.org/api/head/function/user_pass_validate

Form API and the conversion of core to it is not Pallas Athene to sprang
fully grown and armed. No. The form API was a fantastic achievement by
Adrian which was refined further during the conversion. Some parts of the
core are 'ancient', like their theme function do not use element_children
to iterate through the form and so on.

On the other hand, we need a 4.7 out of the door so these WILL NOT be
fixed. In 4.8, I will kill global $form_values, rest assured. And if I
have my own way, do away with all other globals, but that's a whole
another story.

Regards

NK