[development] Advice for developing Drupal wiki module

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Tue Jan 10 16:26:02 UTC 2006

Op dinsdag 10 januari 2006 16:04, schreef Moshe Weitzman:
> have you actually tried it? i've setup sites with both of the recipes
> listed at bryght.com. it is barely ok and absolutely sucks compared to a
> real wiki like dokuwiki or mediawiki. attention to detail is what makes
> these apps sing. deliving a 70% solution doesn't impress anyone when
> 100% solutions are freely available.
>
> i'd love it if someone took the lead in improving our wiki solution.
> preferably a user experience focused person.

I am , by no means, saying that Steve should not continue! All I tried to
point out, is that we have all the ingredients, or at least an exact list of
them and that they now need to be made into a real meal.

Sorry if people understood me saying "stop this, it is silly it is already
there".

"It makes me wonder again: how can it be that people have such a hard time to
grok how to use several modules to achieve a single thing?". Meaning, that it
is really hard to achieve, that it is not easy, but possible.

Yes. I did it, and it works quite well. I am extremely happy, though, that I
am not limited to only WikiSyntax, which I hate.

Hence I pointed out, that making this a set of modules (like ecommerce or
links) is much preferred over making one monolythic module.

Bèr
 PGP ber at webschuur.com
  http://www.webschuur.com/sites/webschuur.com/files/ber_webschuur.asc
 PGP berkessels at gmx.net