[development] Static Page Caching

Moshe Weitzman weitzman at tejasa.com
Tue Jan 10 19:03:20 UTC 2006

Dries Buytaert wrote:

> On 10 Jan 2006, at 18:47, Khalid B wrote:
>
>> JPCache allows you to do different things:
>>
>> - Caching to flat files, or to MySQL
>> - Caching only for anonymous users, still dynamic for logged in users.
>
> Conclusion: we don't need JPCache and are better off with our own solution?

indeed. we already do all of the above except for flat files which
aren't exactly rocket science.

here is a low tech but perfectly reasonable version of flat files in
drupal: http://drupal.org/node/29970. requires mod_rewrite ... now that
drupal can bootstrap only the DB, I think this script can be rewritten
as a pure Drupal script and the config file removed.

-moshe