[development] [lazyweb] Drupal Configurator

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Mon Jan 16 11:25:41 UTC 2006

Hello,

Op maandag 16 januari 2006 04:03, schreef Arnab Nandi:
> * flexinode
> * taxonomy
> * profiles
> via the browser... so many page views / iterations!. So, why not have
> a small forms driven app that allows us to do all of this in one shot,
> and then upload the combined preferences to the website?

Peronally I am moer and more moving away from this and moving back to the good
old PHP. Mostly for development reasons, since configuration is quit hard to
port over between test-staging-live sites, especailly of you are delaing with
version upgrades.
Hence I prefer to store this configuration as normal PHP modules or theme
fucntions in my SVN.

I concluded that mixing logic (configuration) and content, is about as bad as
mixing logic and style in a web application.

I therefore, am focussing on getting more APIs ready for things. Starting off
with views (which already has all this!) and next CCK, once that is ready for
use.

Just my $0.02

 PGP ber at webschuur.com
  http://www.webschuur.com/sites/webschuur.com/files/ber_webschuur.asc